Hiroshima University Graduate School
Phoenix Leader Education Program (Hiroshima Initiative)
for Renaissance from Radiation Disaster
“The 12th Phoenix Program Seminar/ the 205th RIRBM Seminar” was held successfully.
The seminar entitled “Advanced Techniques for Retrospective Dosimetry Applicable to a Radiation Disaster” was held on December 7, 2017. A number of researchers well known in the field of dose assessment were invited. There were 25 participants in total, which included students, researchers and professors from the Phoenix program, Hiroshima University, as well as other universities and institutes.
Prof. Hiroshi Yasuda delivered the opening remarks. The invited researchers gave lectures about dose assessment methods and techniques for the monitoring of medical radiation exposure when a radiation disaster occurs. Each lecture was followed by a lively question-and-answer session. It was a very useful opportunity for all participants to learn about and discuss the latest research results and techniques related to radiation exposure dose assessment.
– Stephen W.S. McKEEVER (Oklahoma State University, USA)
– José Fernando D. CHUBACI (University of São Paulo, Brazil)
– Harry CULLINGS (Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Japan)
– Francesco d’ERRICO (Università di Pisa, Italy)
– Susana De Souza LALIC (Universidade Federal de Sergipe, Brazil)